29 February, 2024 | Online | 18:00-19:00 CET
On 29 February, 2024 it is International Rare Diseases Day.
ILDs (interstitial lung diseases) are rare diseases with a significant impact on respiratory health. This day is an opportunity to highlight recent advancements in rare respiratory diseases, focusing on their diagnosis, management, and pathophysiology.
This webinar will explain:
- What genetic pulmonary fibrosis is, and which genes are involved in the disease. The audience will be informed on: how to identify and genetically analyse patients suspected of genetic pulmonary fibrosis; the prognosis, treatment options and expected comorbidities in patients with genetic pulmonary fibrosis; which relatives are at increased risk for disease; how to screen for early disease.
- What are the various types of cystic lung diseases? How are they diagnosed, and what are the available treatments?
- What are the characteristics of pulmonary hypertension in patients with ILD, and what are the available treatment options?
- Which patients and relatives may benefit from genetic testing and clinical counselling and how should these be followed-up?
- What should be the diagnostics and therapeutic assessment of cystic lung disease?
- How to diagnose and treat pulmonary hypertension in ILD patients
Following this webinar, participants will be able to recognize and optimize management of patients with:
- Genetic pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension and ILD